Before you read the guide!
When you add a new store in Clerk.io our setup guide will guide you through everything. The steps below are just for external reference ;-)
To install the extension simply follow the guide below:
- Download the latest version of our Magento extension.
- Go to System -> Magento Connect -> Magento Connect Manager.
- In "Direct package file upload", upload the ClerkForMagento-x.x.x.tgz file to install it.
- Go to System -> Configuration -> Clerk to open the extension.
- Select your desired store from the store selector in the upper left corner.
- Login to my.clerk.io, click your store, and choose Magento as the platform.
- Take your API keys from the Install Plugin screen of the Setup Guide, and copy-paste them to the Magento module page.
- Click Save Config, and open your webshop, to initialise Clerk.io.
- In my.clerk.io, click Next.
- Copy the Import url from the extensions settings panel into the Import URL field as shown below, set the page size to 50 and choose Order History from All Time.
- Click Update Settings and the sync will start.
- Click Next.
Clerk.io's search engine consists of a Live-Search dropdown and a Search page. Both can be enabled from the extension by following these steps:
- Choose both Search-As-You-Type and Search Page from the Choose Features screen.
- Go to to the extension page in the Magento backend and enable Search and Live-Search from there.
- Make sure that the Clerk Template ID in the extension matches the name of the template that you have just created. Usually this will be "search" and "live-search". You can check the ID's on the Front-End Integration page of the Setup Guide.
- Click Save Config.
- Choose the 3 Recommendation boxes under Power Step from the Choose Features screen.
- Go back to the extension page in the Magento backend and enable it under Powerstep settings.
- Choose the Page option, and type in the ID's of your Content blocks, separated by commas. You can check the ID's on the Front-End Integration page of the Setup Guide.
- Click Save Config.
- Create unique Content blocks for each slider/recommendations box.
- Choose the relevant Type for each recommendation in its own Content block.
- If you havent done it yet, create a Template that you can use in all the recommendations, so they have the same styling.
- Get the embed-code for each Content, and put it on the relevant page in Magento.