Before you read the guide!
When you add a new store in Clerk.io our setup guide will guide you through everything. The steps below are just for external reference ;-)
Installing the Magento 2 Extension is done through commandline. Follow the guide below to install it:
- Login to your server through command line.
- Navgiate to your webroot folder (usually "/var/www/your_domain/public_html")
- Enable Root Access by typing
suand then enter your password.
- Type in the following commands in order:
composer require clerk/magento2
php bin/magento module:enable Clerk_Clerk
- Wait for the module to finish.
- In your Magento 2 backend, go to Stores → Configuration → Clerk → Settings to open the extension.
- Select your desired store from the store selector in the upper left corner.
- In my.clerk.io, click the Settings icon in the top left corner of your Store
- Copy both the Public Key and the Private Key from the fields into the configuration and click Save Config
- In my.clerk.io, go to Data Sync.
- Choose Magento 2 as the sync method.
- Input the URL of your webshop, and choose the language.
- Click Update Settings and then Start Sync in the top right corner.
Clerk.io's search engine consists of a Live-Search dropdown and a Search page. Both can be enabled from the extension by following these steps:
- Go to Designs at my.clerk.io.
- Create a new Design called "Search" and choose Website as the type.
- Choose Responsive Search Page as the Prepared Design.
- Create another Design called Live-Search and choose Website as the type. Choose Live Search Drop down
- Go to Content and create 1 Content block called Search and 1 called Live-Search.
- Configure the Search Content to use the Search type and the Live-Search Content to use Live-Search.
- Go back to the extension page in the Magento 2 backend and enable Search and Live-Search from there.
- Make sure that the Clerk Template ID in the extension matches the name of the template that you have just created. Usually this will be "search" and "live-search".
- Click Save Config.
- Go to Templates at my.clerk.io.
- Create a new template called "Recommendations" and choose Website as the type. Optionally, choose a starting template as well.
- Go to Content and create Content blocks, configured with these 3 logics:
3.1. Best Cross-sell products
3.2. Personal Recommendations Based On Click History
3.3. Popular Products
- Go back to the extension page in the Magento backend and enable it under Powerstep settings.
- Choose the Page option, and type in the ID's of your Content blocks, separated by commas.
- Click Save Config.
- Create unique Content blocks for each slider/recommendations box.
- Choose the relevant Type for each recommendation in its own Content block.
- If you havent done it yet, create a Design that you can use in all the recommendations, so they have the same styling.
- Get the embed-code for each Content, and put it on the relevant page in Magento.