Before you start!
Make sure that you have made the initial integration on the webshop so that Clerk.io is synced with your product catalog and order history.
- In my.clerk.io, go to Templates.
- Click New Template and give it a name.
- Choose Email, and optionally, pick either a starting template.
- Style the email template to your liking.
- Click Update Template.
- Go to Content, and create a new Content block.
- Choose the type of email recommendations you want to show and click Update Content.
- Choose Mailchimp in the first dialog box.
- Click Copy Embed Code To Clipboard on the Content page.
- Website URL should be input if you are not sending the entire domain in the product URLs.
- Campaign Tracking Code should only be input if you have a GA tracking code that you want to use with the recommendations.
- In Mailchimp, go to Templates.
- Click Edit the template that you want to insert your email recommendations in.
- Drag a Code Block to the part of the template where you want recommendations to be shown.
- Paste the embedcode into the editor.
- Open a text-editor, and insert your embedcode.
- Save the file as a .html file, for example test.html.
- Open your file in a browser to see the results generated.
- In my.clerk.io go to the template page of the email recommendations that you have created.
- Style the recommendations HTML structure in Edit Product Code, and its CSS styling in Edit CSS Code. You can also change the height and width of each product box on the template page.
- Click Update Template and refresh the browser in the tab that you opened your file.
- Repeat until your styling looks the way you want it to.